Stunning luxury home in one of the top security estates in Hout Bay
This beautiful, light, spacious and elegant home, set in 1 acre of landscaped gardens, really has it all.
Set against the backdrop of Table Mountain in the highly secure and exclusive Stoneybrook Estate, this is one of Hout Bay's premier homes. Whether rising with the sun as it lights up the valley, or watching the evening light falling over the mountain, you will be treated to mesmerising landscapes wherever you look.
Stoneybrook is in the heart of Hout Bay's valley area, where lucky residents have easy access to Constantia and the Southern Suburbs, or the coast road up to Llandudno and onto Camps Bay. Beaches at Hout Bay and Llandudno, as well as excellent shops, are a mere 8-10 minutes drive. You can access both easy and arduous mountain hiking & trail running routes from your doorstep. The area is popular with cyclists and there are numerous local equestrian facilities. Stoneybrook estate itself is well established, small, well-spaced out and very secure, having benefitted from recent hi-tech security upgrades.
The house is an oasis of calm, radiance and sophisticated but natural design. Backed up by solid clean lines, tasteful decor and clever architecture, this is a place where you can live in harmony with your surroundings, yet truly express yourself. Whether you are enjoying family time, entertaining guests, working solo on your next big idea - or just gazing at the changing colour of the mountain, this wonderful home will give you a perfect outlet for each and every mood.
It fits the mould of an entertainer's dream home - or a perfect family home. It is the kind of house in which several different people can enjoy varied activities, without crossing into each others' space. Yet when everyone wants to be together, the house is brimming with suggestions and spaces. There are 2/3 dining areas within the house, as well as a large outdoor dining deck and separate boma with fire pit, located in a surprise spot on the boardwalk garden trail.
The indigenous fynbos garden is cleverly laid out and wraps around the house, inviting you and your guests to walk and breathe in the peace and beauty. Your accompaniment might be birdsong from any one of the many species of birds who also love this spot. There is a boardwalk which meanders through the garden, occasionally taking an unexpected turn to a pond or swing seat. You're never far from the soothing sound of gently trickling stream water and when the wind breezes through the fynbos, you realise that paradise is where you are.
When you want to swap the garden or Hout Bay's numerous outdoor leisure pursuits for something more homely, the swimming pool will keep you cool and in winter, you can gaze at the stars from the comfort of the jacuzzi. The house also has its own luxuriously furnished cinema. Or maybe you would like a game of snooker in the billiards room. With its own stairs down from the bar area, a perfect wine cellar awaits the connoisseur, fully kitted out with optimum storage, a TV and comfortable seating.
Cooking options are numerous, whether catering on a grand scale or preparing a light lunch for the family. The kitchen is fitted for gas and electric and the family dining room even has its own braai & pizza oven. The water treatment plant provides best quality drinking water out of the tap.
This exquisite house is in great condition, ready to move into and has been beautifully maintained. The borehole allows for the property to be water self-sufficient and there are solar panels contributing to the energy mix.
Needless to say, this property is a must-see. We will not be featuring the house in show days, so please call or email the sole mandated selling agent with any questions and/or to book your private viewing. Comprehensive floorplans are available to qualified buyers upon request
* Master bedroom suite with roof terrace, separate balcony, built in dressing table, walk in wardrobes, large state of the art bathroom and outdoor showers & air conditioning
* 3 further spacious en suite bedrooms in the main house, all with luxury bathrooms, individual patios and outdoor showers & air conditioning
* Guest or housekeeper's self contained flatlet with bedroom and bathroom
* Huge double height lounge/sitting room with picture windows both sides and into the ceiling, offering breathtaking mountain and valley views
* The high windows are automated and both sides of the room feature sliding glass doors
* Large glass fronted fireplace
* Kitchen/dining area
* Separate dining/family room with indoor braai, pizza oven, casual seating area & cloakroom
* Breakfast or drinks bar
* Air conditioning and underfloor heating
* Whole house entertainment system
* Telephone switchboard system, covering each room
* Wine cellar with TV and room for sofas & armchairs
* Entertainment rooms currently comprising billiards room and cinema, together with fitness corridor & shower room
* Dual (two roomed) office with inspiring garden views
* Extra 'office nook' outside master bedroom
* Entrance hall with guest loo
* Laundry room
* Plant/pump room
* Domestic's yard
* Triple garage, with additional bike storage and loft/upstairs gallery workshop and storage
* Additional off-street parking for up to 6 cars
* Pool courtyard, featuring good size swimming pool and jacuzzi
* Pool has heating and automated cleaning system
* Wrap around stone paving & wooden decking for sun loungers and easy access from all sides
* Rockery with miniature waterfall
* Full glass sliding doors into main living areas and family dining room
* Outdoor dining deck
* Boardwalk around gardens
* Numerous paths and seating areas dotted around gardens
* Boma with fire pit and stump seating
* Ponds, stream and miniature waterfall
* Plant nursery
* Garden store
* Borehole and JoJo (storage) tanks, with sophisticated water treatment plant.
* Some solar heating and compensating geysers
* 3 phase power & backup generator (powers whole house if needed)
* Excellent estate security and internal/external home security with CCTV